New (and Final) Extension for Abstract Submission!
Call for Abstract Submissions
Submissions Open: February 1, 2017
Submission Deadline: evening of March 10, 2017
Acceptance Notification: March 14, 2017
NEBEC seeks abstracts from industrial, clinical, or university researchers, scientists, engineers, and students.
Abstracts are to be submitted electronically as PDF files using the 2-page IEEE format. For an example of this format, Click Here. Single-page abstracts are also acceptable.
Accepted abstracts will be archived on the NEBEC website for 3 years. Abstracts will not be included in databases such as IEEE Explorer or Pubmed.
Abstracts submitted for the UNDERGRAD DESIGN COMPETITION should follow the instructions listed on that web page under the Author Info link.
Authors submitting abstracts of novel research or device-related work should assign their abstract to one of the following list of themes, although any paper germane to
biomedical engineering will be considered.
- Biomedical Imaging & Image Processing
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Cancer Technologies
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems Engineering
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering
- Computational & Systems Bioengineering; Bioinformatics
- Devices: Micro- & Nano-bioengineering
- Device Technologies & Biomedical Robotics
- Diagnostic Systems
- Drug Delivery
- Education in Biomedical Engineering
- Neural Engineering, Neuromuscular Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering
- Orthopedic Engineering
- Tissue Engineering
- Wearable Biomedical Sensors & Systems
- 3D Printing of Biomedical Tissues & Devices
For details of the abstract submission process, see Author Instructions.